Wednesday, August 22, 2012

1st day of high school...at a public school!


Today, we celebrate my 9th grade daughter (the middle child and eldest girl) making her foray into the land of public high school! This is something she has planned for since her 6th grade year as a home educated student.

Needless to say, this will be a short post as I am still processing the dynamics of this change for our family. We still have 2 educating at home: our 11th grade son, and our 7th grade daughter. I have been through the full range of emotion (except for anger, not feeling any of that), and it feels a bit strange not having her here at home today.

I will look to post updates as we walk this out. Make no mistake: this is a good thing, and we have God's peace about this direction for her. It may or may not be a permanent track...she wants to do this for THIS year, even though we have set her educational track there at her high school for all 4 years.

Momma is good....but I am missing my baby! Pray for me, us. Will update when I can.

Dee




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.