Tuesday, May 15, 2012

An encouraging encounter

I just talked with some middle/high school kids at Youth group last night, and they had a question for me as a homeschooling parent. One of them asked me (my paraphrase) if I taught my crew the Christian perspective AND the secular perspective.

I wasn't sure where she was going with it until the other kids chimed in about evolution. Then I got it: they were put out at having to learn all about evolution! As believers, they did not like that perspective being thrust upon them. And they considered my kids lucky that they didn't have to deal
with being taught that stuff.

I was so blessed to see that kids even in middle school have a minds of their own, that they already know what God says about how they were created.

Stay encouraged and keep teaching your kids God's Word! You are making a difference.

Dee

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.